Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Vegetarian/Vegan "New Haven" Cheesesteak Wrap:
Seitan Steak Tips, Grilled Bell Peppers and Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes, and Fennel Seed, on a wrap with choice of cheese or vegan cheese. A delicious and filling option, now available at the Edge of the Woods Juice Bar!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
From the earlier posting:
Share an Evening of Inspirational Music and Vegetarian Foods!
Join us as we listen to the songs and stories of Sister Didi, an Ananda Marga Nun. The evening will also include a special dinner prepared just for the occasion.Your contribution will help to support two schools in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
$15 per adult
$7 per child
The event will be located in the Upper Balcony of Edge of the Woods, and starts at 7:00 PM.For more information about the event or the organization it will benefit, call Peter or Fran Dodge at 203.787.1055
And come to Edge of the Woods to check out the last few days of Sister Didi's Holiday Bazaar, featuring gift items from around the world such as jewelry, clothes, accessories and various small artifacts, all at great prices and to benefit the Ananda Marga Relief Organization.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Or your can try our baskets! Decoratively wrapped and arranged on a straw platter, these baskets are sure to be the talk of your holiday table. For $12.95 you can take home over a pound of colorful and delicious holiday cookies. Or upgrade to the 2.5 lb basket for only $32.50.
And new in the bakery - Vegan Fudge. Try one pound of decadent Peppermint or Chocolate Walnut fudge, completely dairy free, for just $8.95.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Hannukah Gelt: $1.89
Star of David(4-pack): $3.95
Menorah (4-pack): $3.95
Christmas Tree: $1.50
Cranberry Squares: $2.25
Russian Tea-Cakes: $0.65
Sweet Breads: $6.95
Try our Apple Walnut and Apple Cranberry varieties, in addition to our regular stock of Blueberry Pecan, Vegan Pumpkin Spelt and Vegan Zucchini Spelt, all individually wrapped in festive bags and tied off with bright ribbons. Perfect for gift-giving or festive dinners.
Holiday Bark: A succulent blend of Dark and White chocolates melted over cranberries and pistachios. A true case for edible art: $3.95
And don't forget your best friend! See how your dog likes our homemade Good Dog Peanut Butter treat: $2.50.
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Join us as we listen to the songs and stories of Sister Didi, an Ananda Marga Nun. The evening will also include a special dinner prepared just for the occasion.
Your contribution will help to support two schools in Port-au-Prince, Haiti.
Dinner cost: $15 per adult
$7 per child
The event will be located in the Upper Balcony of Edge of the Woods, and starts at 7:00 PM.
For more information about the event or the organization it will benefit, call Peter or Fran Dodge at 203.787.1055
And for the month of December, come to Edge of the Woods to check out Sister Didi's Holiday Bazaar, featuring gift items from around the world such as jewelry, clothes, accessories and various small artifacts, all at great prices and to benefit the Ananda Marga Relief Organization.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Alacer - 30% off
Rainbow Light - 30% off
Source Naturals - 25% off
Oregons' Wild Harvest - 25% off
Bach Flower Essences - 20% off
Dr. Hauschka - 20% off
New Chapter - 20% off
Planetary Herbals - 20% off
Country Life - 15% off
Biochem - 15% off
Iron-Tek - 15% off
Now - 15% off
Thursday, November 19, 2009
All of our homemade pies will be available until then for just 12.95. If you wish to special-order anything for the holidays, please do so as soon as possible. The cut-off date for special orders will be Monday, November 23rd. We will have pumpkin and pecan pies available, as well as many of our usual favorites, with a wide variety of Vegan options as well.
Come in to check out our wide variety of vegetarian and vegan main-course options for the holiday as well! We have the following prepared roasts in stock:
Quorn Turk'y Roast - 1lb, $6.25
Field Roast Celebration Roast - 1lb, $8.49 (vegan)
Tofurky Vegetarian Roast - 26 oz, $9.79 (vegan)
Tofurky Vegetarian Feast - 3lb 8 oz, $23.99 (vegan)
The first three listed items are main courses on their own; the Tofurky Vegetarian Feast contains the Roast, 8 cranberry-apple potato dumplings, gravy and "wishstix" made of Tofurky Jurky.
Or build your own feast from our wide selection of fresh produce, bulk items and the latest organic and natural grocery items. Enjoy your holiday!
Monday, November 16, 2009
The Butter Cookies have transformed! These now hold the shape of either a pumpkin or a maple leaf; they are adorned with decorative sprinkles, and are still the same great price of $1.50.
In addition to the Glazed Pecans, we have new Candied Cashews and Candied Almonds (one size only, 8 oz. for $5.99). Both are glazed with agave, and the almonds have a hint of cinnamon and cardamom as well. Mix and match them to create your own unique holiday nut mix. Who needs a catalog?
And our tour-de-force, an epic concoction of compact sweetness: A layer of homemade Maple Cream-Cheese, sandwiched between two Pumpkin cookies. More decadence than you can fit in a single bite.
This whole week we'll begin taking orders for Thanksgiving pies and confections, so call in and place your order now!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
This Sunday, November 15th at 6:30 PM, Edge of the Woods will be hosting an Introductory Workshop to Mantra Meditation, taught by Dada Pranakrsnananda, a teacher with 36 years of experience teaching Astaunga Yoga.
Admission will be by donation. These workshops happen on a regular basis on the 3rd Sunday of every month, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information, contact Dada Pranakrsnananda at:
or go to:
Hope to see you there!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Edge of the Woods
379 Whalley Ave.
New Haven, CT 06511
Juice Bar Menu
Eat-In or Take-Out
Cold Sandwiches: $5.75
· Hummus: carrots, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts
· Falafel with Tahini Sauce: lettuce, cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes
· California Spa: avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sprouts
· Greek Isles: feta cheese, peppers, cucumbers, red onions, sprouts, tomatoes
· FBLT: fakin’ bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo
· Garden Veggie: sprouts, spinach, carrots, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, peppers, cheese
· ChickPatty: mock chicken patty (vegan), lettuce, tomatoes, mayo
· Tofu Salad: tofu, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, onion, vegan mayo, curry
Hot Sandwiches & Wraps: $5.75
· Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas: onions, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, burrito, cheese
· Muffaletta: eggplant, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, cheese
· Mozzarella w/ Roasted Red Peppers: mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, fresh basil, tomatoes, red onions, on rustic bread
· Grilled Mushrooms: button, portabella, and shitake mushrooms, lettuce, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil
· Three-Cheeser: any three cheeses of choice, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado
· Veggie Burger/ Vegan Burger: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese
· Edge Burger: (tofu, nuts, tahini, cornmeal), sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese
· Tempeh Reuben: Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Russian dressing, cheese, on Rye bread
· Monte Cristo: vegan ham, cheese, sourdough bread, buttered and grilled
· Mozzarella, Cheddar, Swiss, Havarti, Muenster, Vegan cheddar, Vegan mozzarella
· Tomato or spinach wrap, Foccacia roll, Rye, 8-grain, Sourdough, Pita
· Mayonnaise, Mustard, Tahini dressing, Balsamic vinaigrette, vegan Mayo, Ketchup
Extra Items: $1.00 each
· Grilled onions, peppers, zucchini, avocado
Freshly Made Vegetable Juices
12 oz. $3.50 16 oz. $3.99 Quart $7.75
· Simply A: carrots
· Brenda’s Brew: carrot, spinach, beets, cucumbers
· The Alan: carrots, beets, cucumbers, ginger, celery, apple, parsley
· Picasso’s Potion: carrots, apple, beet, ginger
· Vulture: everything
· Fields of Green: carrots, cucumber, parsley, kale, spinach
· Wheatgrass Shots: Single $1.99, Double $3.50
Freshly Made Fruit Smoothies: 16oz./$4.50
· Berry Much: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, yogurt, apple juice
· Jamie’s Monkey: strawberries, bananas, yogurt, apple juice
· Tropical Isles: pineapple, bananas, yogurt, orange juice
· Blue Sky: blueberries, apple juice, yogurt,
· Popeye’s Punch: spinach, bananas, almond milk, shot of agave nectar
· Create Your Own: choice of two fruits, soy or dairy yogurt, apple or orange juice, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, banana, raspberry
Monday, November 2, 2009
Ascenta Fish Oils - 25% Off
Source Naturals - 25% Off
Oshadhi Oils - 25% Off
Oregons' Wild Harvest - 25% Off
Enzymatic Therapy - 20% Off
New Chapter - 20% Off
Rainbow Light - 20% Off
Planetary Herbals - 20% Off
Country Life - 15% Off
Biochem - 15% Off
Iron-Tek - 15% Off
Now - 15% Off
Come upstairs and enjoy these deals for the month of November!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Edge of the Woods Market is conducting a paper survey about where our customers are from. We are doing this to get to know our customers better, and we hope you can take a few minutes out of your day to fill out our five question survey and tell us a little bit about yourself. A completed survey also enters you into a raffle to win one of three prizes; a $100 gift certificate, a hand-assembled gift basket, or a new bicycle.
Please only fill out the survey once; surveys are available at the registers in the store and may be deposited into the box on the service counter.
Thank you for your time and patience,
Edge of the Woods Market Staff and Management.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Pumpkin Pie (vegan version available) - $12.95
Butter Cookies (decorated like Jack-O-Lanterns)- $1.50
Pumpkin Cookies - $1.25
Ginger Cookies (in the shape of a Maple Leaf)- $1.25
Harvest Muffins - $1.75
Pumpkin Muffins - $1.75
Vegan Pumpkin Tofu Bar - $1.95
Vegan Cranberry-Pecan Maple Bar - $1.95
And a brand new sweet and savory item:
Glazed Pecans - Sweetened with agave nectar, and sprinkled with a dash of chili powder and sea salt. Perfect for gifts and everyday snacking alike.
4 oz. bag - $2.99
8 oz. bag - $5.99
Mondays – Lasagna
Tuesdays – Eggplant Parmesagna (New Haven famous!)
Wednesdays – Ratatouille (vegan)
Thursdays – Eggplant Parmesagna
Fridays – Cauliflower Pie
Our hot bar is out by 11:30 AM at the latest, just in time for lunch. To find out the rest of the dishes from day to day, give us a call at (203) 787 – 1055!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Source Naturals - 30% off
Country Life - 30% off
Biochem Sports - 30% off
Iron-Tek - - 30% off
Planetary Herbals - 25% off
Oregon's Wild Harvest - 25% off
LifeTIME - 25% off
NewChapter - 25% off
NOW - 15% off
Come in today and take advantage of these great deals while they last!
Line drive discounts do not apply to items that are already sale priced.