Thursday, November 19, 2009
All of our homemade pies will be available until then for just 12.95. If you wish to special-order anything for the holidays, please do so as soon as possible. The cut-off date for special orders will be Monday, November 23rd. We will have pumpkin and pecan pies available, as well as many of our usual favorites, with a wide variety of Vegan options as well.
Come in to check out our wide variety of vegetarian and vegan main-course options for the holiday as well! We have the following prepared roasts in stock:
Quorn Turk'y Roast - 1lb, $6.25
Field Roast Celebration Roast - 1lb, $8.49 (vegan)
Tofurky Vegetarian Roast - 26 oz, $9.79 (vegan)
Tofurky Vegetarian Feast - 3lb 8 oz, $23.99 (vegan)
The first three listed items are main courses on their own; the Tofurky Vegetarian Feast contains the Roast, 8 cranberry-apple potato dumplings, gravy and "wishstix" made of Tofurky Jurky.
Or build your own feast from our wide selection of fresh produce, bulk items and the latest organic and natural grocery items. Enjoy your holiday!
Monday, November 16, 2009
The Butter Cookies have transformed! These now hold the shape of either a pumpkin or a maple leaf; they are adorned with decorative sprinkles, and are still the same great price of $1.50.
In addition to the Glazed Pecans, we have new Candied Cashews and Candied Almonds (one size only, 8 oz. for $5.99). Both are glazed with agave, and the almonds have a hint of cinnamon and cardamom as well. Mix and match them to create your own unique holiday nut mix. Who needs a catalog?
And our tour-de-force, an epic concoction of compact sweetness: A layer of homemade Maple Cream-Cheese, sandwiched between two Pumpkin cookies. More decadence than you can fit in a single bite.
This whole week we'll begin taking orders for Thanksgiving pies and confections, so call in and place your order now!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
This Sunday, November 15th at 6:30 PM, Edge of the Woods will be hosting an Introductory Workshop to Mantra Meditation, taught by Dada Pranakrsnananda, a teacher with 36 years of experience teaching Astaunga Yoga.
Admission will be by donation. These workshops happen on a regular basis on the 3rd Sunday of every month, unless otherwise indicated.
For more information, contact Dada Pranakrsnananda at:
or go to:
Hope to see you there!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Edge of the Woods
379 Whalley Ave.
New Haven, CT 06511
Juice Bar Menu
Eat-In or Take-Out
Cold Sandwiches: $5.75
· Hummus: carrots, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, sprouts
· Falafel with Tahini Sauce: lettuce, cucumbers, red onions, tomatoes
· California Spa: avocado, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sprouts
· Greek Isles: feta cheese, peppers, cucumbers, red onions, sprouts, tomatoes
· FBLT: fakin’ bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, mayo
· Garden Veggie: sprouts, spinach, carrots, beets, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, peppers, cheese
· ChickPatty: mock chicken patty (vegan), lettuce, tomatoes, mayo
· Tofu Salad: tofu, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, onion, vegan mayo, curry
Hot Sandwiches & Wraps: $5.75
· Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas: onions, peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, burrito, cheese
· Muffaletta: eggplant, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, capers, cheese
· Mozzarella w/ Roasted Red Peppers: mozzarella cheese, roasted red peppers, fresh basil, tomatoes, red onions, on rustic bread
· Grilled Mushrooms: button, portabella, and shitake mushrooms, lettuce, cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil
· Three-Cheeser: any three cheeses of choice, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado
· Veggie Burger/ Vegan Burger: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese
· Edge Burger: (tofu, nuts, tahini, cornmeal), sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese
· Tempeh Reuben: Tempeh, Sauerkraut, Russian dressing, cheese, on Rye bread
· Monte Cristo: vegan ham, cheese, sourdough bread, buttered and grilled
· Mozzarella, Cheddar, Swiss, Havarti, Muenster, Vegan cheddar, Vegan mozzarella
· Tomato or spinach wrap, Foccacia roll, Rye, 8-grain, Sourdough, Pita
· Mayonnaise, Mustard, Tahini dressing, Balsamic vinaigrette, vegan Mayo, Ketchup
Extra Items: $1.00 each
· Grilled onions, peppers, zucchini, avocado
Freshly Made Vegetable Juices
12 oz. $3.50 16 oz. $3.99 Quart $7.75
· Simply A: carrots
· Brenda’s Brew: carrot, spinach, beets, cucumbers
· The Alan: carrots, beets, cucumbers, ginger, celery, apple, parsley
· Picasso’s Potion: carrots, apple, beet, ginger
· Vulture: everything
· Fields of Green: carrots, cucumber, parsley, kale, spinach
· Wheatgrass Shots: Single $1.99, Double $3.50
Freshly Made Fruit Smoothies: 16oz./$4.50
· Berry Much: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, yogurt, apple juice
· Jamie’s Monkey: strawberries, bananas, yogurt, apple juice
· Tropical Isles: pineapple, bananas, yogurt, orange juice
· Blue Sky: blueberries, apple juice, yogurt,
· Popeye’s Punch: spinach, bananas, almond milk, shot of agave nectar
· Create Your Own: choice of two fruits, soy or dairy yogurt, apple or orange juice, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, banana, raspberry
Monday, November 2, 2009
Ascenta Fish Oils - 25% Off
Source Naturals - 25% Off
Oshadhi Oils - 25% Off
Oregons' Wild Harvest - 25% Off
Enzymatic Therapy - 20% Off
New Chapter - 20% Off
Rainbow Light - 20% Off
Planetary Herbals - 20% Off
Country Life - 15% Off
Biochem - 15% Off
Iron-Tek - 15% Off
Now - 15% Off
Come upstairs and enjoy these deals for the month of November!